Website A to Z Personnel
My client based in Gauteng is looking for a Logistic Manager (Boskop) to Manage and co-ordinate logistics activities for the successful execution of the business plan from of order placement to client delivery and management of inventory levels, while optimizing plant and stores materials logistics flows.
- Manage and optimize logistics processes (plant, inter-department, site-site, external to clients)
- Expedite materials receipts, manage supplier delivery risks and supplier performance
- Ensure ERP System / APS are updated accordingly, compile and present logistics reports.
- Maintain standards and compliance according to ISO 9000, ISO 1400 and ISO 1800 and related road, rail and air transport regulations.
- Optimize inventory management systems / implement stores control measures (inputs and outputs) and implement “best-in-class”practices.
- Exceed customer/client (internal/external) requirements and expectations on materials/components and products supply.
- People management (performance contracting, succession planning, training and development and discipline) and budget control (management of overheads, materials & salary cost centers)
- Minimum Diploma / Degree in Logistics/Supply Chain
- Relevant NQF 6 equivalent qualification.
- Computer literacy (MS office, Excel, PowerPoint, Projects etc.) and internet sourcing skills
- CPIM or equivalent additional and advance management studies will be an advantage.
- Knowledge, understanding and transactional exposure on any ERP system is a requirement
- Relevant 3 years logistics / production or materials planning/handling experience
- 5 years management/leadership experience and people skills
- Knowledge of all modes of transport regulations, compliance standards and INCOTERMS (latest)
- Proven oral and written communication skills and ability to prepare and deliver clear, concise presentations & reports
- Project management experience and some exposure in continuous improvement techniques and methodologies